HIRE AND STYLING
CHEESE TOWER/GRAZING TABLE
DRINKS – Mobile
DRINKS – Suppliers
(anything that is off the beaten track – smaller, funky, cute, different)
ON THE DAY ASSISTANCE / WEDDING PLANNER
You probably wont know the value of a wedding planner/event coordinator until the day, or until the threee weeks before the big day.
If you book a venue, you will have a function coordinator – hopefully with some experience in weddings, that can help you with most of this.
However if you are having a marquee DIY style wedding, a service such as an ‘On The Day PA’, wedding planner or hired event coordinator is a very good idea.
DIY is all very well, until the actual day when you want to be relaxed and enjoying yourself and not running around organising things.
By all means put the work in yourself beforehand; there is so much you can do, but if your event is at your house, your parents place or at a venue where you have hired your own caterers, bar and a marquee – then on the day you need someone to ensure it all ties in together.
This service can entail;
- making sure the bridal table have drinks when they enter before speeches commence
- lighting the gas heaters and making sure they are running all night
- spotting something that needs cleaning up (empty glasses, bottles, broken glass on the dance floor, general mess) and ensuring that it happens
- turning the lanterns and general lighting on
- packing up at the end of the ceremony
- returning the next day for you, so you can enjoy the rest of your weekend
If you book a venue, you should have the function coordinator to make things happen for you. However, their priority will probably be on the food on drink.
Packages can start at a minimum of three hours, we feel that this is money well spent if you are doing your wedding yourself. Unless you have worked in the hospitality industry there may be many things about running an event that you have not even considered, and these services make sure that it is all taken care of.
I have seen all sorts of things go wrong at weddings, if you are unsure if you require this service or not, i would be happy to offer some advice.